Investment Analyst / Associate
Join OpenOcean and help us identify and invest in the next global startup success story from Europe
About OpenOceanOpenOcean is a leading early-stage venture capital fund that invests in outstanding entrepreneurs launching movements to change the world. We invest in software businesses at Series A and support them throughout their entire journey. From companies like MySQL, MariaDB, TrueCaller, Import.io, Nosto and Supermetrics we have accumulated rich experience in business software both with super-scalable go-to-market models like open source, freemium downloads and SaaS, and commercialisation with the largest enterprises and service providers in the world. In our home geography of Europe, we see great opportunity in sectors including media, fintech, healthtech, as well as in new software solutions for big data, e-commerce enablement, and developers. For further information more about our approach, portfolio and team please check our website.
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow, from sourcing to evaluation of potential investments to managing deal execution and closing.
- Provide detailed company and sector research and analysis.
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other key meetings.
- Interact with our network of consultants and advisors as required. Work with our legal partners to prepare term sheets and other legal and transaction documentation.
- Monitor post-investment activities such as keeping up-to-date on portfolio performance and preparing returns forecasts.
- Conduct research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in some combination of (e.g.. entrepreneurship, start-ups, strategy consulting, M&A/corporate finance, private equity, venture capital)
- Experience as C-level co-founder and/or Product Manager in a startup is highly preferable
- Top graduate from reputable University a must. Computer science or engineering degree highly preferable.
- Strong financial and business modelling skills. Strong analytical abilities.
- Good transactional experience or aptitude
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Starter – finisher mentality with rhino-strength resilience
- Ability to work independently & in a start-up environment.
- Keen interest in technology and start-ups.
- Desire to challenge yourself while gaining peerless immersion into the European tech start-up scene
- You will be joining a young and dynamic venture capital team, friendly and non-hierarchical.
- You will be helping promote the Helsinki office of this pan European organisation
- The chance to interact with the most exciting technology entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and to be the first to know of and experience cutting-edge innovations
- The chance to attend technology conferences and start-up networking events
- Market competitive salary and bonus