OpenOcean backs relentless entrepreneurs to build global winners. We like companies founded in deep technological breakthrough; with large user-bases; that disrupt existing markets; handle large amounts of data; crack serious technical challenges and sell their products to other businesses. We see ‘delicious’ software is the core of enduring businesses: software that is not simply easy to use, but easy to love, that delivers better products and faster scaling.
OpenOcean is a team of entrepreneurs, developers, and executives with the experience of building billion dollar companies, including MySQL, coupled with hunger and determination to continue learning.
To learn more about our approach, portfolio and team, take a look at our website!
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow, from sourcing to initial evaluation of potential investments to assisting with deal execution and closing.
- Provide detailed company and sector research and analysis.
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other internal meetings.
- Interact with our network of consultants and advisors as required.
- Be proactive in creating your personal brand in the eco-system through active blogging, tweeting, and attending relevant conferences and meetups.
- Work on continuously growing and maintaining your network of VCs to exchange deal-flow.
- Establish warm relationships with portfolio founders to always stay on top of what OpenOcean could help with.
- Work with our legal partners to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, term sheets and other legal and transaction documentation.
- Monitor post-investment activities such as keeping up-to-date on portfolio performance and preparing returns forecasts.
- Conduct research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a relevant industry (entrepreneurship, start-ups, strategy consulting, investment consulting, M&A/corporate finance, private equity, venture capital, family office etc.).
- Solid financial and business modelling skills
- Good transactional experience.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Starter – finisher mentality with rhino-strength resilience
- Ability to work independently & in a start-up environment.
- Keen interest in technology and start-ups.
- Desire to challenge yourself while gaining peerless immersion into the London tech start-up scene
- You will be joining a young and dynamic venture capital team, friendly and non-hierarchical.
- We always encourage initiative and personal growth, and will help you with all the resources we have available to achieve that
- You will be helping further promote the OpenOcean brand, particularly in London and Europe
- You will get a chance to interact with the most exciting technology entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be the first to know of and experience cutting-edge innovations
- You will get a chance to attend technology conferences and start-up networking events
- We offer a market competitive salary and bonus