Blockchain/ Distributed Technologies Researcher
Recommended year of studies: 3rd-5th year
Working time: 10-20 h/week, flexible
Length: Approx. 1-2 months
Requested starting date: According to agreement, as soon as possible
OpenOcean is a venture capital company investing into disruptive technology start-ups and helping them to success. We invest in software companies started by entrepreneurs with the ambition and skills to build global winners. The companies OpenOcean falls in love with often have large user bases, disrupt existing markets, and/or handle large amounts of data. Mobile, SaaS, Crowdsourcing, Open Source, and Two-sided networks are examples of software business models with the potential for becoming rapidly scalable businesses.
Our goals are as ambitious as are those of our founders - we aim to be at the forefront of research and drive thought leadership across the most topical issues. That is why we are now looking for a bright mind to carry out a 1-2 month research project, helping us map and extend our existing interests in the blockchain and distributed universe opportunity space.
In order to succeed in this project you need to have an analytic mindset, interest towards research and technology and it doesn’t hurt if you are familiar with start-up scene. You’re a curious and thorough person and you have determination and ability to work independently.
- You are studying, or have studied, in a relevant field - e.g. industrial engineering, information networks, business technology, computer science.
- You have a knack for consolidating, inferring from and presenting information, and are adept with Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Google Slides/Keynote.
- You have a demonstrated interest in bitcoin, blockchain and other distributed technologies.
- You are curious, resourceful and thorough - You enjoy sharing new and interesting ideas that are well-backed by data.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
- You are determined and able to work independently - you thrive in a startup environment.
- You have a keen interest in technology and startups.
By joining our team as a Researcher, you will get a chance to:
- Work with a youthful and dynamic venture capital team, friendly and non-hierarchical.
- Get involved, and interact with the most exciting technology entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and to be the first to know of, and experience, cutting-edge innovations.
- A solid opportunity to look inside a venture capital firm and learn how the industry works.
- Flexible working hours.